Horrible ticks

A whole year?  

Well, it was a tick bite.  They tested me for a couple of tick-borne things - it wasn't Lyme Disease, but another test did come back positive.   It's been a year and a half of attacks of joint pain and fatigue etc., with a few weeks in between of trying to catch up on all the stuff that I let slide while feeling under the weather.  I hopeful that it's improving.  We'll see.

So, less time for crafting, but I haven't been completely idle.  There's a few projects in the works.  I'm always best with a deadline, though.  So, out of the few things that have been finished, the kids made sure that the Halloween costumes were one of them.
Vampires.  They wanted to be zombies, but I didn't think that my make up skills would be up to the task.  Pretty sure that I was right about that, given my attempts to draw blood drips.  You'll have to take my word for it that the dark circles around the eyes didn't turn out too badly, though.  Covering up dark circles would be more of a useful skill around here, mind...
Also did my last chalk drawing for the school's Halloween night photo backdrop.  Can't believe that my youngest will be off to a new school next year... Sob.
Her teacher decided that they would also be doing a book report in costume that Friday, too, so another quick costume was needed.  I'll admit that I put pressure on my daughter to pick a book that would only need an easy costume.  Her report was to the 3rd Graders, so Malory Towers it was.  After digging out my old school tie and finding a straw boater, all I had to make was the pinafore (in the wrong colour, but I don't think that many Americans are familiar with Enid Blyton, so I think we got away with it)
I'm a little worried that I have so much fabric in my stash that I didn't have to buy any for any of the costumes.  I might have a stash problem.  The red panel on the vampire dress was a little wider than planned, mind - it turns out that my daughter has grown in the last year.  Who knew?  A little nerve wracking, sewing with no margins to spare after all this time, but it felt good to get back in the saddle again.  As for blogging, we'll see.


8 comments:

  1. So sorry you've been ailing! Glad to see you here again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wasn't sure if there would still be anyone out there

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've had a rough time of it in the last year...you poor thing; it sounds terrible! Hopefully you are well on the mend now. Love those costumes; they look wonderful. Your chalk drawing is amazing!! Very clever :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hopeful that it's easing up - at least it's not as bad as when it first happened

      Delete
  3. Hope you recover completely and feel better. Your posts are always welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear you've been unwell. It's the pits when you don't feel like yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tiredness is what I found most annoying. After doing all the everyday stuff that had to get done, I was too tired to do anything else. No sewing or anything :(

      Delete