delayed blogging

Sorry for ignoring you for so long.  I haven't even bored you with my road trip photos.  I've had a few months of not feeling well since my trip (probably from a tick bite).  Finally started getting some energy back at the end of October - luckily, as I didn't have a back up plan for Halloween costumes.  I'm still trying to catch up on all the things that I let slip as I spent those few months doing the bare minimum to keep the household going, though.   

Anyway, Halloween costumes.  From, um, a few weeks back.
My daughter wanted to be a dog.  A Saint Bernard.  Like our ridiculously big 9 month old pup.  Making the barrel was my favourite bit.  I added an opening in case I ever use it on the pup and want him to carry something.
My son wanted to be a roman soldier.  Actually his first choice was Iron Man, but I let him know that there would be little chance of my sewing that, even if I was feeling 100%.

Ok, off to clean the ceiling fans.  I have managed to do a large proportion of my Christmas shopping already, mind - most uncharacteristic.  Maybe I'm not feeling back to my normal self quite yet.

8 comments:

  1. Uncanny resemblance, Dawn! And I love the barrel, too. I've done a lot of Christmas shopping as well - I blame the retail people for having pre-pre-pre-pre-Thanksgiving sales in October. And amazon, as well - trying to outdo all those pre-to-the-power-of-infinity sales.

    Hope you get back to being 100% you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful costumes! if you had a tick bite in Europe you might want to be checked for borreliosis. It is an awful thing, making you feel weak or as if you were developping a flue. If you are fortunate it can end after a few weeks but a colleage of mine still has it after several years. Maybe it's nothing but please get checked by a doctor! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I especially love the St. Bernard costume. Great job! Do you remember Schnorbitz??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! Especially the dog mask.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I love your crochet, it is beauty, I love this colors, I follow your blog, I have a blog about crochet with free patterns and free crochet diagrams, visit me , hugs from Brazil.
    Visite meu blog - Tita Carré - Crochet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice costumes... Thanks for sharing with us......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow trhe Saint Bernard costume is just lovely. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete