Hmmm, can't think of a title right now

It's a rather belated Happy New Year to you all.  Not much has been going on around here, except for feeling poorly.  It's been weeks since I last saw the sewing machine.  The only crafting that I've been doing has been knitting.  Not these cushion covers - they were made in December for a Christmas present.  Nope, all that is on my needles at present is a scarf and it's taking me bloomin' ages.   
We've signed our offspring up for a local rugby team (well, my husband was the one that decided to also sign up my wee 7 year old baby girl onto a mostly male U10 team.  Most of the opposition are well over a foot taller than my sweet girl), so the knitting needles get dragged out at rugby practice time.  Practices start after sunset, though, so I'm blaming the cool weather for my slower than normal pace.  My finger joints get a little creaky one things get into the low 40sºF.  Still, you should hear the Californian locals complaining about the cooler than normal weather.  I think that most of them don't actually own a winter coat, mind.

Take care all.       

9 comments:

  1. I don't actually own a winter coat and it's been cooooold. My native CA self just isn't used to it :) Cute pillows!!
    Melissa (in Sacramento where there has been ice outside all week!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johnny has a girl player in his rugby team last season - she ran rings round the boys! Especially the opposition who were often a little polite about tackling her. Well, until she'd brought them down a few times and then they got over themselves.

    Can't knit at rugby - too cold and no seat. Bad combination. Cricket, on the other hand is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We call experiences like what your daughter is facing - "character building". Does she mind, or does she think it's cool to be playing with the big boys?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you too...seems it is chilly just about everywhere in the Northern Hemisphere...it's -5C here and everything is frozen solid...Many of my joints aren't working as a result!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better soon. Ah, the joys of January germs!! Love the pillows. They are beautiful. Thank goodness for knitting to help pass the time during sport practices, helps me keep my sanity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're starting to feel better by now! The cushions are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to you. Lovely cushion covers. hope you soon feel better.
    Twiggy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the colour on the cushions. My Mum used to knit a lot and did several for me. I knit but not much. Loved your pictures of England. Home of my birth
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really enjoying checking out your blog! I hope to try my hand at some of your DIY makes this coming week, see how I fair. I'm also a 'UK Lass' who's been living in the US now for 2 years... nothing but glorious things to say about every step of this awesome adventure :) All the best.

    http://leapacrossthepond.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete