Best laid plans and all that...

So much for my KCWC plans.  We had an unexpected house guest, as they had quarreled with their intended hosts, and just like that, my plans were shelved.  Oh well.  This little shirt was finished right before discovering that I had an hour to throw some fresh bed linen on my daughter's bed and pick up her toys.  Please excuse the crumpled appearance: it was quickly shoved in a closet.  We went to Miramar Air Show yesterday, so I ended up with only about 10 minutes to quickly snap some pictures of it for the last day of KCWC. 
The light on it makes it look a lot different - it's actually quite a gauzy, drapey sort of fabric, that's slightly on the sheer side.  These pictures make it look more like a quilting weight fabric, but it's a lot lighter weight than that.
I made up the pattern as I went along.  I started with an idea for a loose and flowing type of shirt, then changed my mind half-way through.  Ended up doing one of the sleeves twice.  Why is it always the most simple of projects that give your seam ripper the hardest workout?

I had better run: now I've only got four and a half days to try and churn out some sort of Halloween costumes for my kids, as they need them for next weekend.  Take care all,

No comments:

Post a Comment