hopefully you like posts about blankets...

So, sewing time has been in short supply, but a month of watching baseball practices and swimming lessons has left me with plenty of time for hooking.  Um, crocheting, that is. 
#1: baby blanket for expectant parents that refuse to find out the sex.  Which I consider most inconsiderate.  Hopefully this blanket is neutral enough (believe me, I've been going through lots of moments of doubt about this one).  The much used Catherine Wheel stitch, again...  What can I say?  I like that stitch.
#2: lap blanket for my Nan. Um, Catherine Wheel stitch again.

#3: baby blanket for a friend's baby boy.  My favourite of the boy blankets that I've made so far, which lets you know just how boring my taste is.
#4: baby blanket for my daughter's baseball coach (his wife is pregnant with a boy).  He's an Angel's fan, if you were wondering about the redness of that red.  At least, I think that's what he said.
Last practice of the season tonight.  I'm feeling a little lost without a blanket to work on.  Then it's tape-delayed opening ceremony watching time.  Take care all,


  1. I LOVE that gender-neutral baby blanket - and I think it is pretty gender-neutral. I love finding out if I'm having a girl or a boy. One of my sisters never does, and I don't get it.

    I need to learn that crochet stitch!

  2. I have to say that I love it when parents wait to find the sex of the baby. The blanket will be perfect for either sex. It is beautiful.

  3. They all look great, but my favorite are the last 2 boy ones. Perfect.

  4. It is a lovely stitch, the blankets look great

  5. All gorgeous blankets! I can see why you like that Catherine wheel stitch, it's so pretty, very clever!

  6. Good post. I absolutely love this site. Stick with it!

    Look into my blog postcardboard boxes,moving boxes