It's not every day that there's a Diamond Jubilee

Upped the ante on the Brit-theme decor, by concentrating my efforts on the dining room: American husband has still yet to comment / notice.  
(That's him gaming in the corner).
So far my Jubilee celebrations have been limited to making some scones for lunch.  No clotted cream: despite my Devonshire ancestry, I've never been a fan of cream.  My daughter, meanwhile, did not like the scones.  Maybe I should get a DNA maternity test done after all - how can an offspring of mine not like scones?

Again, thank you so much Jane for the bunting!

9 comments:

  1. hehe, your husband is just like mine ;)
    The scones look yummy. That your daughter doesn't like scones is strange but this way you have more for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Jubilee from one Brit ex-pat to another. Off to dig out my union jack bunting too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a great day today in London even though it rainned, we had thick mist and it was cold.....good old British Summer!!!xxlynda

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are NOT talking to yourself! I don't remember how I found your blog but I do enjoy it:-) I'm am a bit curious about you--how long have you been in the US? How old is your daughter~she will probably "grow into" the taste of scones yet? Hope you are having a great American day while enjoying the best of the Brits events!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, almost 11 years now. You would have thought that I would know the ropes by now... She's 7, so I'm holding out hope for her yet. How anyone can like olives but not scones is beyond me...

      Delete
  5. Your bunting looks fab! ...and a lot drier than mine!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. well your husband may not be noticing, but i think your brit touches are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The scones look great- and sound good too. Maybe I'll be inspired this afternoon to make a batch. Cheese or ginger are the favs at our house. bTW, you will have no problem finding UnionJack themed items this year. I was just there and brought back a bag, socks, a tea tray, tshirts and a LG tips tin all with the Brit theme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh scones! A very fitting jubilee celebration. I do like your Brit-themed display, especially the golden syrup tin!

    ReplyDelete