KCWC Days 5 & 6 & round up

It's been a busy few days, what with soccer sign ups, birthday parties, present shopping for the most awkward to buy for child in the world, passport applications etc. so I think that this will be the last thing that gets made this week.  The shirt was made on Friday, the chicken scratch embroidery was done on Saturday (at a birthday party - yes, I am a little ashamed that I was that anti-social...). 
It was my first attempt at chicken scratch.  I rather like it.  I was tempted to put designs all over the shirt, having to remind myself that I tend to like clothes on the plain side and less is more and whathaveyou.
I was not so keen on the fabric, mind.  It's nice and gauzy to wear, but it's a pain to sew.
So, all in all, probably not one of my most productive KCWCs, but it did get me sewing again.  I don't know why I had been shying away from the machine in recent months, but it did feel good to get back in the, um, saddle.  Hmm, hadn't notice the blue theme for the week until now...
Ok, I had better get going and do some laundry.  Thanks Meg for getting me out of my rut.  Take care all,

8 comments:

  1. Love the chicken scratch thing, Dawn! And I'm in the same camp with Less Is More. I can't do ruffles, for instance. If I had my way, everything I made would be plain (what they call solid here) and flat and smooth and ungathered. Ulp, did I just describe a Hanes Tshirt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great clothes! The blues are lovely, and your embroidery is divine - I'll have to give it a try, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - how busy have you been!! Love the chicken scratch, it's so effective, and such lovely clothes you've made for your pair, I especially like your boy's hooded top - I find it much easier to sew for my girls in general.

    I like the motivation of a sewalong - I have Spring Tops to thank for getting my sewing machine up and running again! I would have liked to have joined in with this too, not enough hours in the day last week though.

    When is your trip back home? You must be so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your children are liucky to have such a gorgeous new wardrobe! The embroidery is really beautiful; I haven't heard of it before and it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely new clothes. The chicken scratch added just the right touch to the blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm glad you showed a close-up of the embroidery. it is such a sweet detail on that top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely top.
    What pattern is this?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the chicken scratch. I tried doing chicken scratch along the bottom of a skirt, I think it was a combination of my boring pattern and the length of the hem that made me give up . But I love this top, I made need to try again.

    ReplyDelete