KCWC Days 3 and 4

So, I slackened off the pace a bit: had to do some housework, after all... AND book our flights for a trip home!!  Yep, just mildly happy about that one (the trip, not the housework...).  Parting with the money was painful (please, please don't make me have to throw any money at the house / rust bucket that I drive / my elderly dogs any time soon...), but once it was finalised I felt like skipping around the house.  What I did do was add the final stitches to this little beach top for my son.
Pretty much just a remake of this one, which would still fit just fine, if my dear husband hadn't put it in the hot wash by accident...  I skipped the drawstring this time, and I did make it a little bigger.  Um, French seams, lined hood, front pocket and that's about it.  


He's happy.  Plus, I feel less guilty now that he's been made something new this week.
Translation of the day:
UK English: put paid to = put an end to / finish off in US English


As in, The high fares for flights to Britain put paid to any plans my kids had for attending college...

2 comments:

  1. Very cool - I'm in SoCal too - this is really something a cool SoCal boy would like! Good work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. It is so hard to find nice clothes to make for boys, especially as they get older...as I am sure you know. I hear you about the airfares, we are skipping our annual trip this year because I just could not wrap my head around spending that much money, the Olympics have driven the prices up crazy, at least over on this coast.
    I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. It is always so nice to go back isn't it?

    ReplyDelete