No cushions were completed

Could we just quietly forget that I made any mention of those cushions? I decided to knit a Christmas present and, given my snail-like knitting pace, everything else was put on to the backburner. Still managed to find the time to make some more decorations, mind. Actually, the poor tree can barely be seen under all the handmade decorations...My daughter and I made 27 of these stars, after seeing these ornaments. It was my first time using Crayola's Model Magic. It does roll out fairly smoothly, but the thing that surprised me most was how it dried. I had been expecting something similar to clay, but it dries more like solid rubber. It is a little flexible, gives to the touch, then returns to the shape that it dried in.Next up, some clothespins, a bit of paint and a pom pom were put to use to make a squad of these guard peg dolls. I had seen some similar Civil War peg dolls, but it was the British soldiers that won me over. Like I said, the tree is covered.That was the wee artificial tree that I put up at Thankgiving, covered in handmade decorations (since moving to California I need a little constant visual reminder that it is actually supposed to be winter). This is the 'proper' tree we picked out this week. This picture was taken after I had taken some of the handmade decorations off. You would have thought that that would be enough decorations, but I'm itching to make some Borax snowflakes with the kids, too...
Well, I had better get going. My parents arrive tomorrow (yay!) and I've got tidying to do (boo). I've been ill all week and have no energy (ugh), but I'm going to have to try to find some space in my son's room for his sister to sleep. I seem to remember that his carpet might be blue, but I have a few layers of his stuff to clear to be certain...

At least the Christmas shopping and -almost- all of the Christmas making is done. I do hope that you enjoy the holiday break. I'll be back some time in the New Year, I expect. Take care all,

4 comments:

  1. Well, at least you made the stars. I have the supplies on hand and we still haven't done them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Holidays and have a fabulous visit with your folks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you a very happy christmas for you and your family !! See you next year !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family. I read all the time and Christmas felt like the right moment to leap out of lurkdom. Bought Stilton cheese and a pork pie this morning, hate them both but hey it is the Season. It is cold, damp and grey, enjoy that California sun.

    ReplyDelete