A bit late for a KCWC post?

I never did round up the end of KCWC, did I? Like I said, we needed the Halloween costumes ready earlier than expected: my in-laws had invited us to a ranch place and there were going to be some early Halloween festivities going on. Little Red Riding Hood was pretty much finished when I last blogged, but the Big Bad Wolf was just a mask.I improvised the pattern. To be honest, I don't want to sew 'fur' ever again: it sheds everywhere. I still keep coming across the odd tumbleweed of fake fur gently roaming across the hardwood floors...The poor kid roasted at his school's Fall Festival last week with all that fur on. Still it should be good for trick or treating on Monday, going by the cool evenings we've been having lately.That's the tail. Hopefully people will be able to tell what animal he is supposed to be when he's next to his sister.As for the KCWC round up, I did end up attempting a pattern for once.The pattern is Sailboat Pants by oliver + s. It is a well-designed pattern and I liked the little details, but I did have to alter it to fit my slim-hipped lass. Still, I managed to squeak these trousers out of a half yard of twill that I had in the stash.As for the trip away, it was nice. My kids didn't win the pumpkin carving contests (possibly because they didn't get much in the way of help from their parents) BUT my daughter did win $60 at bingo...

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous pictures! That first black and white one with the mist coming off the water is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice costumes and very nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. $60!! That is a lot of money for a little one!

    I'm impressed with your big, bad wolf. My boys wanted to be lions... and frankly I'm uninspired and what's worse, uninterested. Can't bring myself to like Halloween. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the costumes. I will have to suggest that to my kids next year. You did a great job on them too.

    The scenery is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant costumes. Bit demotivated on Halloween this year so will just be digging out face paints!
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a sudden longing for a wolf suit of my very own - too fab for words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great costumes and amazing pictures. What is that final picture?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! Galatina, it's a dandelion covered in frost.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! The costumes look amazing.. and your trip photos are beautiful - lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. woman, not only are you skilled at the sewing machine, but your camera skills are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great costumes and the photos from your trip look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great costume ideas and very well done. Love the photos from your trip, it made me want to be there in that moment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow great photos, the costumes are fab !!
    Twiggy x

    ReplyDelete