KCWC day 6: something for the lad

My lad lives in t-shirts and shorts, so he misses out a little when it comes to handmade clothes. It's cheaper to find a t-shirt on clearance than to buy the fabric to make one - and a wee bit easier. He probably thinks that's no bad thing, but I still wanted to make him something this week. So here's a top for the summer evenings:I made up the pattern. He chose the fabric... which shed bits of thread everywhere, so I ended up binding the seam edges in bias tape. The hood is the only bit lined, as I didn't want it to be too warm.The sleeve wasn't the only part that I got the seam ripper out for, either. I thought that I might save some time by machine sewing a part that I would normally hand sew. Of course, it didn't save any time, as I didn't like the way that it looked. So, I ended up ripping that out and sewing it by hand after all.

Still, I'm happy, he's happy and even my grouchy husband made mention that he wouldn't mind one. I won't use that fabric again, though, unless I find our lint brush...

7 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed that you just made the pattern! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous top! I especially love the look of the way the sleeves meet at the shoulders - very masculine =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, now i am really impressed with your sewing skilz!! that is a fantastic pattern and style - just right for the lad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Sometimes boys clothes end up looking girlie when their finished. This is perfect! Nice job. Lucky guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cool !!!! You're sure you don't ant to editate this pattern because my boys are dying to have on of those....
    Hope your brother in law is better and that everything will go back to normal quickly....
    From here to you !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is fabulous! i love the fabric and hoodie itself! what consistency is the fabric? is it stretchy?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have a pattern for this top?

    ReplyDelete