Too much fabric?

I was putting away some fabric recently when I realised that there was no more room on the shelf. Oh dear. I started entertaining thoughts along the lines of how I really should use up some of my stash before buying any more fabric. Then I received an e-mail from Timeless Treasures Fabrics, offering to send me some fabric for my next blog project.


It was clearly a sign from above that you really can not ever have too much fabric...The blue floral seemed perfect for this little chap: a wee bunny.

Hand sewn from a pattern that I made up, with a little scrap yarn pom-pom for a tail.

As for this fabric, it was too good a match for my kitchen to pass up the chance to replace my ragged old potholders (I was going to show a picture of the old ones, but was too embarrassed by the scorch marks and stains to go through with it...).

I suppose they are a bit more like oven gloves than pot holders, as I added a pockets to put my hands in - it helps.

Now all I have to do is repaint the kitchen to cover up all the patches resulting from new windows and ripping out a breakfast bar... I'm still procrastinating. Well, my mother-in-law is coming to town soon, so it would be foolish to start it now, wouldn't it?...

Translation of the day:

(Completely off-topic, but Americans do keep asking me if I have been invited to the Royal wedding. I have the horrible feeling that I might be seen on tv buying rather a lot of chocolate thanks to a local film crew asking the owners of the British imports store about the upcoming nuptials).

UK English: hen-night = bachelorette party in US English

UK English: stag night = bachelor party in US English

UK English: frock = dress in US English

UK English: trouble and strife (rhyming slang) = wife in US English

UK English: pot and pan (rhyming slang) = old man = husband in US English


Here's the website for Timeless Treasures fabric: www.ttfabrics.com and their blog: http://sewtimeless.net/

19 comments:

  1. I just love your little bunny in blue and white...too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little bunny! And you are so right - it DOES suit that fabric well. :)
    New pot holders... oh, yours are lovely - you don't want to see mine. Perhaps I should take a leaf out of your book and make some new ones? Of course, it would help if a company would send me some free fabric for my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm the only person who uses tea towels rather than oven gloves. I supposed I should really make myself some! Nice bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oy! Never too much fabric or yarn. I was on a mission to use all my yarn before buying more... and, well, I'm not doing great...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore the blue floral! What a sweet little delft-ware bunny.
    I am going to start calling my husband the Pot and Pan. Thanks for that!
    Have you seen the knit your own royal wedding book? It comes with a pattern for the bride and groom, the Queen, Prince Charles, and the Archbishop of Canterbury.
    I kind of want them all...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little bunny is just way too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bunny is far cuter than the woolly monstrosities I've been making.

    My hub passed Buckingham Palace today and said that preparations are well underway for your arrival ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bunny! Cute pot holders, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet bunny! Reminds me the traditional Russian Gzhel - painted with blue on white ceramic figures

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute bunny. That blue and white is really cute. Why would people think you would be invited to the wedding? Do you have some relation that I'm not aware of, or is it just complete ignorance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a good handy man/contractor to take care of the paint. You are truly talented with the other creations... let someone else do the heavy lifting!! Love your stuff, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those potholders...and the bunny is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's a bit too much Royal wedding tat around at the moment here - you are well out of it! Some of the merchandising is quite horrific!

    I do like the things you have made - I am hoping someone might send me some nice fabric!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, we're ALL invited to the wedding! Thanks BBC.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to make that bunny - too cute. Any chance of a tutorial?
    xxBrenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your blue and white bunny is the sweetest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was concerned when I saw the title of today's post, but relieved that you came to your senses and realized that there's no such thing as too much fabric! Just not enough time to use it all! I love the bunny (especially the fluffy tail) and potholders. I think the pocket idea is perfect, maybe I'll "borrow" your idea and make some like that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the little bunny! I wanted to make one similar to this, but then ended up with a tall upright bunny. And the blue fabric is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness! The bunny! That's all I can say without squealing and embarrassing myself.

    ReplyDelete