Shiver me timbers!

Yep, it's that time of year again: When seams and hems look awful, because I am not going to spend ages on something that is only for one night. That doesn't stop my kids from demanding extra details that they've seen in the flyers from the costume stores, mind. They don't get everything they ask for, though. Pirates can wear bandannas instead of tricorn hats, for starters....
I'm hoping that you could tell that they are going to be pirates for this year's Halloween...
.
Their cousin is, too. She's getting a black shirt, sash and red / white spotted jagged edge skirt, as per her hand-drawn design:
I finished these a week ago. I'm a little worried to find that I haven't been procrastinating as usual.
.
Actually, I've been going around humming Christmas carols. I've even made a Christmas decoration or two. I think it might be my coping mechanism for California's pathetic attempt at Autumn. I've seen one tree so far that has realised that it should be shedding some leaves...
.
So, I'm skipping Autumn and moving on straight to Christmas.
.
While almost on the subject of shopping (don't worry, I'm only at the thinking stage for actual Christmas presents), I was happy to see that Bread and Buttons had decided to open up her etsy shop again. She is a lovely lady and finds the cutest fabrics. These pictures taken on a gloomy day do not do justice to these hair clips and bands that I have bought for my daughter:
Arrrggghhh, it's late! Time to weigh anchor. Take care all.

10 comments:

  1. Oh boy! They look great. I've been hiding my head in the ground every time my husband has mentioned the word Halloween (he loves it, I don't)... and I got lucky because he will be traveling, so probably for the last year I get to skip it altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pirate costumes!

    And those etsy hair clips are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hayhay Cap'tain !!!! Thanks for the link !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look fabulous!! You're one clever and talented mama. My youngest is a hippie this year, so I got to convert her jeans into bell bottoms. Loved catching up on your blog today! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful pirates!! hope you and your children had fun on Halloween :)

    PS I'm having a little giveaway on my blog (my first!) - would love for you to stop by!! thx

    ReplyDelete
  6. arrrrgggh i could tell they were pirates the minute i set eyes on them. perfect costumes!
    i've only just started the christmas panic but technically i'm not procrastinating either starting this early with the anxiety attacks... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! We were totally commercial this year (and last ...) They sadly value polyester superheros more than their mothers handi-work ~ sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow love that skirt and great pirates !!
    Twiggy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did I miss this? Thank you Dawn for the lovely write up! I've been so busy lately I've hardly had time to read anyone's blog but this is something I should not have missed. Thanks again:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete