Good grief, not MORE holiday photos...

Yesterday my kids woke up at some ungodly hour, even by their early-riser standards. The first day of school. The first day of Kindergarten for my wee daughter. Off they went, as calm as can be, wearing backpacks that dwarfed them. Even a winter-loving person like me is wondering where summer disappeared off to at such a swift rate.
.
Still, I think that we made the most of it.
.
We saw boats, rented boats and took boat tours.
We saw lots of mammals, fish, birds, reptiles, amphibians, arachnids and insects up close.
We encountered history long gone, being relived, and frozen in time.
I really enjoyed nosing around the ghost town. My husband was far too fascinated by the outhouses, mind.We went to free concerts at the park, free movies at the park, free movies at the beach, cheap movies at the drive-in and a ridiculously expensive movie at the cinema.
Hmm, the windscreen could do with a clean...
There were lakes, rivers, waterfalls, paddling pools, wading pools, swimming pools and an ocean.
There were loud moments (he got a home run from that hit)...
quiet moments...
and lazy moments.
Summer, I feel bad for dreading you. Oh, and thank you for not being as hot as previous years, too...

16 comments:

  1. I stumbled onto your blog by total accident one day a while ago andI'm so glad I did because I've been hooked ever since. I love your posts, you seem to be having a lovely life over there, thanks for sharing the pictures, they make my 2 weeks in Scarborough seem quite dull..lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn's well and truly taken hold here too. I propose that next year we all acknowledge that the best months weatherwise in the UK are June and July, and we should move the school holidays.

    That should guarantee a heatwave in August ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You captured an amazing summer in your pictures - here's to doing it again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had an amazing summer - the pictures are awesome.

    And that fish by your dgt was gigantic. Good grief!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Nipper started school this week and his bag was almost as big as him too. Lovely holiday snaps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great summer! Oddly enough, I just came across here after having posted my own summer pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Wow! Great photography. I love love love the butterfly shots. The photos of the children are very natural. It looks like you all had a good summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to say that your pictures are lovely too. You certainly had a diverse summer holiday. Looks fum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are stunning. Truly. I loved looking at each one. Summer was here and gone so fast, I'll miss it. It looks like you had a wonderful time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVED this post. I follow quietly. But thought you deserved a loud 'like' for this one :)

    Tracey x x x
    (from Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, I've been following for a wee while too but thought I'd say 'hi'.

    Your holiday snaps are amazing. Not sure I'd complain about summer being too hot given the excuse for a summer we've just had in Scotland!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What stunning photos!
    Oh - Hi Kirsteen ~(above!)! I too am in Scotland and echo her comments re summer....
    Love, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing summer you had! I love the idea of putting it all together in one post... makes you feel the span of time and how much you really packed in this season. And now,happy return to school- hoping your kindergartener is having a smooth transition.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a lovely summer! Just curious where that ghost town is? I have always wanted to visit one...

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! What fabulous photographs!!
    Wonderful family.
    Thanks for sharing!!
    I always love visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic photos, just what the Summer hols should be ;)
    Twiggy x

    ReplyDelete