School's out

Yep, already. With the possibility of a plastic bag ban looming here in California, I'm hoping that the teachers didn't mind getting tote bags for their end of year gifts. Plus some English chocolates - I figure that if my kids drive me to chocolate most days (ok, every day), their poor teachers could probably do with some too...
.
Teachers must get really sick of apples, but I had a wee bit of the apple fabric and just couldn't seem to stop myself. This one was for one of my son's First Grade teachers:
Reversible to this, if she wants to avoid the apples:
This one is for the substitute that filled in for his teacher who went on maternity leave:
Spotty this time:
This one was for my daughter's preschool teacher:
Reversible to this:
I'm sorry for the poor pictures. I didn't remember to take any until it was already late evening, so the lighting was dim and I didn't bother ironing after flipping the bags. The grass, though, would have looked just as bad earlier in the day....
.
Hopefully I won't be disappearing on you like last summer, but it's taken me almost a week to post this. Summer preschool, baseball practices, baseball games, swimming lessons, World Cup football (I'm sure that England are adding to my grey hairs), family barbeques and a wee picnic on Father's day have already helped the first week zip by. My air conditioning was fixed today (yet more grey hairs). My oven is still broken (but no one seems to be missing my baking particularly). I think that I'm just about ready for summer now.

23 comments:

  1. lucky teachers! but so deserved.

    life takes over... that's why i love google reader, so when you do post, i see what you're up to, and don't "forget".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teachers can always use another bag! Especially at the end of the year when they have to clean out their rooms and cart stuff home. My dad always ended up with a ton of coffee cups.... I still have some. Heh.

    They are super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bags! I'm sure the teachers will appreciate them.

    It's become like tipping waiters now - I don't remember any presents for teachers when I was at primary school, unless you *really* liked her. Then it was special, now it's sort of expected. Be a bit embarrassing to be the teacher nobody liked and get nothing!

    I hope you find time to sew and blog in your hectic summer, you make such nice things it's worth the wait.

    Cheers,
    AJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the bags are lovely! I promise the teachers will use them and love them! I am a music teacher, so we don't get gifts like that, but I can tell you it would be appreciated! :D Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bags. I think that you can never have too many bags. Especially when there are chocolates inside.

    I hope you'll have a great summer.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. England in the World Cup is giving me grey hairs too! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely gifts. Wish I was a teacher of your children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your "poor" pictures beat my poor pictures anyday.

    You always create such lovely gifts for the teachers every year; I've no doubt they will love them, and I think even people who already have a stash of bags would appreciate a pretty new one like these. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can never have enough totes I reckon. I seem to have millions of them, all of which get regular use. Personally, I love the apples and would never get bored of them. Then again, I'm not a teacher...!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh they are gorgeous. I gave totes to the teachers last year and I still see them troops in with them on their shoulder and it tickles me pink. You can never have too many bags and I'm sure the teachers will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If this is what I have to look forward to, I'll take it, wish I taught your kids, the bags look great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can never have too many bags - I've got sewing and knitting and goodness knows what else stashed in bags all over the place! I love the apples. I've been here, there, and everywhere lately. It's a good thing I don't go out to work - I'd need so many days off that I'd be getting the sack!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those bags are lovely, and I'm sure they appreciated the English chocolates =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope the hols go well. The footie is not doing much for us here, the kids are more interested in the maths behind the goal difference etc. Hey ho you have to take it where you can find it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, lucky teachers.

    Be glad you're not here. All the cars with England falgs on must be upping our national fuel consumption alarmingly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. great totes...is it your design or by a pattern? I love the apple twill tape!

    ReplyDelete
  19. who posted this? you or me? i think you just described MY life ;-) at least you GAVE your kids' teachers something this year. i just bailed. really nice combinations on the totes, love the reversibility.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well I think the totes are fabulous! And ha, you made me just realize that I didn't give Nate's teachers anything either. Oh well...
    Yea, I decided to totally take the blogging pressure off of myself this summer. All of my time goes into feeding the herd around here.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think totes are a fabulous idea! Everyone can use a new tote.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love these. They are fantastic. I love the strips of fabric added to the bag on the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh yeah...totally digging the bags!

    ReplyDelete