dress up

The warm weather is back. Of course it is: after all, I made 2 more hats, in adult size this time. I'll write down the pattern for those of you that were asking for it - just let me finish doing our taxes first. It might be a week or so - I'm putting a lot of effort into procrastinating.
.
I did get around to making this wee tutu-like thing for a little girl's birthday, as modelled by my bored 4 year old. I had a quick look for tutorials, but they all seemed to involve knotted flouncy ones and I wanted something a little plainer. I hope that she'll like it. At least it should be cheap to post across the Atlantic..
Translation of the day:
UK English: fancy dress party = costume party in US English.
So, if you receive an invitation to a fancy dress party, you might want to check what nationality the host is when chosing between the bunny costume and your little black dress...
.
I had better run - got some cleaning up to do around here (I've been procrastinating on that front, too).

16 comments:

  1. Oh that is ADORABLE! I hope you'll do a quick tut for this tutu! I would love to make one for my daughter! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice tutu! I like the contrast in colors between the white and purple/pink. pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great looking tutu!!! I love the model wearing the tutu with jeans underneath..

    Hugs
    Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tutu - I wish mine would still wear them but it's all High School Musical now.

    We have two fancy dress days at school this week (TWO!!!) - tomorrow is Roald Dahl day and they
    both want to be little foxes. Heaven help me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure she will love it - what little girl (or big) wouldn't......pinky and floaty - perfect.

    I've got a ten year old to dress up on Friday (book day) in the style of Frodo Baggins.....not very girly at all - then again I guess he is a boy, not fair!

    Enjoy the weather,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is the perfect tutu! I'm sure it will be an absolute hit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the translation! :o) It has taken many years of sending my kids to fancy dress parties in the wrong clothes to twig on its true definition! :o) I'm such a Canadian Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what little girl would love that tutu! the double layers are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The tutu is awesome! I think any little girl would love it. I know my nieces would never take it off! Thanks for you notes on my blog and for the congrats. Its nice to know other people read it and I'm not just blogging to keep my sanity! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely tutu. Do you think at 40, I'm too old to have one, to go shopping in :) Have a great weekend and thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. I did get the scrummy chocs for Mothers Day. I even still have a few left!!
    Twiggy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! so would my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! I just love your blog. I'm hoping for a tutu tutorial! I agree, looking for something less flouncy. I want to make some for my daughter's upcoming 3rd b-day - maybe have a tutu party (with blue and green ones for the boys!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm just going to say that despite being past (far, far past) the age of 30 I still think tutus are absolutely fabulous. Maybe when I'm 75 I can get away with wearing one in public, people will just chalk me up as being senile!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete