The reason behind the hot weather: exhibit 1

Anyone local wondering at the 80-plus degree weather in February can set their mind at rest: it's my fault. I crocheted my daughter a winter hat.
I thought that we might get to play in the snow and spend a night up in the local mountains last weekend, but it turns out that everyone else must have had the same idea, as it was all booked up. So we went to visit a local botanical garden and walked around in shorts and t-shirts instead. The woolly hat was not needed...
Still, it was a quick crochet, even though I was making the pattern up as I went along and did a couple of unravels. Please ignore the black bars - they are to protect the not-so-innocent. The photos don't show it, but that yarn is pink, not white. She likes it.I like it too, but now that I've finished it, I think that I once knew someone with a tea cosy that looked like that.
Translation of the Day:
UK English: pot plant = house plant or potted plant in US English
ie. a plant that you can grow in a flower pot, usually indoors. So I would just like to reassure the lady that was stood nearby that, when I expressed an interest in getting a pot plant to replace the ones I killed off, I really wasn't meaning a plant of the illegal variety.

13 comments:

  1. Keep crocheting as I love this weather!!!!

    We ARE heading up to the snow this weekend with the whole family. Can I stop by and pick up that darling hat???????

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I'm so impressed you made up the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! I bet the look on that woman's face was quite comical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the hat, and the beautiful flower pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just think of her hat as an accessory not a necessity...because that hat needs to be worn all the time it came out so cute:-) I need to learn how to crochet I want a hat like that for myself...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How's that for Murphy's Laws! I'm sure you'll get snow in April, just you wait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hat is a beauty - lovely berry colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the hat is great as is your model!! yes, i'm certain you did get a strange look if you said you needed a pot plant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute hat. My mom makes them like that with holes in them. My comment really doesn't have to do with this post, but with an older one. I was admiring the little doll you made located at http://uklassinus.blogspot.com/2009/12/ragged.html

    I was wondering if you could share the pattern with me. I would love to make a doll for my daughter. She is turning 3 in April.

    My email address is kejones2@liberty.edu

    Thank you for reading my comment and for posting so many cute projects. They really are a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE that hat!!! Any chance you would sell the pattern?? So many color combinations!!!

    ReplyDelete