Cold hands, warm heart

It's that time of year again. Lots of hearts and pink frilly stuff abound and then there's the difficulties of finding a suitable card for your husband (well, it can't be so gushing that he feels like there aren't some improvements that could be made, can it?...). Yet I have noticed that since having a daughter, some of my aversion to the pink frilly stuff in life has waned. Not that she's the pink frilly loving type of girl, thank goodness.
Yes, I've even noticed some hearts sneaking into the house. The one I can blame on my love of the grain of olive wood, but the others? And then I find myself sitting down and making a crochet heart for no reason whatsoever...
.
February already. My trip home seems so long ago now. For those of you that are getting a little fed up with all the snow:
We've had the odd rain shower, but winter in California looks pretty much like this.
Pah. I miss snow drops. Does anyone know if snow drops would grow in Southern California?
.
I'd better go -my computer still likes to die at random moments and I have to sort out some Valentines for my kids' classmates by tomorrow. Gulp. Plus I'm typing this with gloves on, to try to persuade my joints to work again, so that I can finish this:
Happy Valentine's Day to you all.
.
PS. Crochet heart pattern can be found here.

15 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your heart collection - I have a heart shaped pebble from a beach in Wales. Your cables look fab. They're on my 'to try' list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking at that very heart yesterday. But then I wondered what my children would do with a crocheted heart, and looked at the state of their room with toys all over the floor; I think they'll be getting chocolates, though your heart is very, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter had a brief pink thing when she was 3 or so. Thank goodness it passed, I couldn't bear it either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried, but I'll bet the snow drops would grow here. Do you know what the desired zone is for them?

    I love that olive wood heart!

    Happy Valentine's weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh I think it would be worth a shot with the snow drops! I love them too. I moved house last year and I had some teeny beautiful ones in my old garden, waiting to see what is going to pop through in my new garden. If there are no snowdrops this year I will be sure to plant some for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a lovely Valentine weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Vday Lil-D!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw, yes, the lovely daffies are out in full! That's some lovely cable-work you've got there.

    happy v-day/weekend to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kids make you crazy. Truly. I scream out 'digger' every time I see one..even if I'm not with my two boys. So, I can only imagine how frilly things could creep in if there were any girls around. My husband is British so I appreciate your translations, helps me decode!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Valentine's Day! Thanks for the crochet heart tutorial, I'm going to make one for a belated gift! Sorry about the snow : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. My heart literally sang when I saw the daffodils and snowdrops pushing through the frozen ground outside my windows recently - fingers crossed the promised snow doesn't kill them off! I'm so over winter now...

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my girl is a frilly girly sort of thing. you know, when she's not threatening to punch you in the face. she does have two big brothers, after all! but, i too am succumbing to a bit of pink and hearts and such. thanks for the sunshiny pics. i'm a bit over the snow here in ny, but mostly just over the gray, gray, gray, gray days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute hat! I miss snowdrops too... don't think they grow in Israel either :(

    ReplyDelete