2 down, 1 to go and a superhero mask

Baby blanket #2 of 3 is finished. Why does it always take at least an extra week for me to get around to tying up loose ends after finishing any knitted or crocheted projects? As for baby blanket #3 (for the baby boy due in March), it just needs a border.
I don't know which to give to which sister-in-law yet. The colour choices are so different and I keep changing my mind about it.
nb. This blanket started off as brown and aqua, as the yarn shop didn't have any girly colours at all in stock. Then a friend told me that, despite the girly pattern, it still looked like a boy's blanket, so I went back to the yarn shop and found hot pink. Hot pink is never going to figure on my favourite colours list, but I decided that if I only did a few rows with the hot pink I would be able to look at the blanket without wearing sunglasses or feeling slightly nauseous.
.
I've also made another apron, but strictly speaking that's for a December birthday, not Christmas, and my little boy is not around to model it (same fabrics as last time), so you'll have to wait to see that one.
.
Here is some more quick Christmas crafting, though:
My kids are big fans of dress-up (although my little scrapper of a daughter is rarely to be found in a princess dress), so I made a couple of superhero masks for them as wee stocking stuffers. I used the same template as I did for her Robin mask (which is now missing).
(even superheroes get tired)
.
Here's a badly drawn template if you want to make one:
Right click on the image to save it, then re-size it and print it off at the size you want (measure so that the eyes will be centre of the eye holes). Cut two of the mask shape out of some felt and then pin them together. Pin a strip of elastic cord between the felt on either side, then sew the two pieces of felt together following the edges of the mask / eye holes, catching the ends of the elastic when you sew the outer edges. I sewed the lines approximately 2mm or 1/16th of an inch in from the edges. Then trim any uneven bits of felt off with some sharp scissors.
.
No time for a translation of the day today, I'm afraid: my husband's just got home and is about to find out that I've spent my time on the computer instead of catching up with my Christmas to-do list and the laundry. I guess my morning of procrastination has come to an end. Take care all.

14 comments:

  1. your blanket is delicious!

    i think once i finish my scarf (it's a sunburst stitch/a variation from a shell stitch), i'll finally attempt the catheran wheel. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness you make this look so easy...I love the colours, they do work well together. The work and detail will be loved I just know it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blanket is so cool and THANKSSSSSS so much for the mask! I'll make one for my kid for this Christmas holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Your blank looks lovely and warm. Also, your portable dolls house is amazing, I'm planning on making one for my daughter. Thanks for the tutorial. I have added a link to the tutorial on my blog, hope that is ok.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that blanket! The pink stripes make it look so modern.
    And such a cute picture of your daughter. :c)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so ahead of the ball...blanket finished for a baby due in March? Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You won't believe this but I was going to make a mask today when I read this post. My kids have been wanting one for ages. Thank you for making this task easier:) I am sure they will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yummy blanket and I love the mask!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love how the blanket turned out (girlish, but not too pink!) and I'm sure those masks will make excellent stocking stuffers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you and your loved ones a very Happy Christmas,xx!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Google images found your superhero mask for me. Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Will you share the pattern for the blanket?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you very much for the mask - life saver!

    ReplyDelete