Still catching up

When I saw the tutorial for a kidlet at JCHandmade, I immediately put it on my to-do list. It did languish there for, um, several months. I'm guessing that by now you might have noticed that I am a procrastinator.
I'm not sure that the kids will suddenly be inspired to pick up after themselves, but it will be useful. After bedtime, when I step on a random toy that has been left out, I will no longer have to put it in a wee pile outside their bedroom door, but can now pop it into the kidlet hanging on the handle. This has the potential to save my marriage (a typical evening around here: I go for a swim. Husband ignores the kids. Kids trash the house. I return. Husband complains that I don't keep the house tidy enough...).
While on the subject of procrastination, I was given this award by 3 lovely bloggers: smoothpebble, the sometimes crafter and infinity more monkeys. Thank you so much ladies. Now I'm supposed to nominate 7 other blogs, but I haven't been keeping track of who has already received it. I haven't had much time to spend on the pc this summer, so I'm usually rushing and playing catch-up. In addition, I'm trying to sort the blogs I read onto a feedreader, but things are a mess, especially as the feedreader keeps not wanting to open pages. So I thought I would link to 7 tutorials that have also been languishing on my to-do list instead:
..........Fabric basket by Orangeflower
..........Smocket by Mayfly
..........Little shopping bag by Oh Fransson
..........Eddie cap by Mushroom Villagers
..........Little boxy pouch by Three Bears
..........Booties by Saartje
..........Bagsket by Foofanagle
.
You may remember that a few posts ago I mentioned my friend's son, a sweet 4 year old boy who had just finished his chemo. Unfortunately the recent tests show that he now has progressive disease (cancer) in his lungs. The phrase 'my heart sank' comes to mind, although I'm not sure that 'sank' fully describes the feeling of all my hopes and wishes for him being smashed to the floor. Several of you said that you would add him to your thoughts and prayers, so I wanted to keep you updated.
.
No translation today - the only English words I can think of right now are swear words...
.
Take care all,

11 comments:

  1. Love that little bag! i think i might need one for myself!! Sorry to hear about your friends son... that is such a horrible thing to hear....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely say a prayer for that little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about the little boy. I can't even fathom what that must be like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could we call it a husbandlet? So sorry to hear about your friend's little boy - heartbreaking. And I can help out with a few choice South African swear words if you need more... you're all on the prayer list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crap, crap, crap! I don't know what to say either except that I will continue to pray for him and his family. My heart sank as well when I read your words. But there is power in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute bag, and cute idea for keeping tidy! Although for my girls I'd need one the size of a hefty bag. :)
    ..And that poor sweet baby. I can't imagine being on such a heartbreaking journey. I'm praying for the best for the little guy and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bag is a great idea.

    Sorry to hear about your friend's son, and hoping that you will have better news soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling bag. But now, how heavy is my heart... thoughts and prayers... *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bag. I usually put the kid's 'stuff' on the stairs. Most times it either gets ignored or someone treads on it and nearly breaks their neck!
    Thank you for the update on your friend's little boy. I'm so sorry it's such sad news at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you for the links to the wonderful tutorials. Prayers will definitely be said!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for your friend's son.


    Sally

    ReplyDelete