Any progress?

While I was dreading spending over 40 hours stuck in a car with 2 wee kids, I was secretly looking forward to getting some crocheting done in the passenger seat. Most of the trip ended up being spent with a map on my lap instead, though (especially when my dear husband started throwing in obscure detours on the return trip...). I did make some progress: I added about a foot to the blanket that I'm making for my son.
And some evening crocheting sessions added about half a foot to my rhubarb scarf .
So... if I continue at the current rapid rate of crocheting, I predict that I should have both finished by 2015. If we take some really long car trips. And avoid the back streets of Idaho.
.
I told you I was slow.
.
Meanwhile, the top shown in the poorly lit photo above is still a work in progress, as we've all been ill since our return (nb. I only got a couple of hours sleep last night, so I'm sorry if this is incoherent). I finally ventured out to buy some buttons for the top yesterday. By the way, why is it that a town of 3000 people in Wyoming has a far nicer fabric shop with a much better selection than any of the ones I've found here in Southern California? I only had 5 minutes to explore it, unfortunately.
.
In other news, I also turned another year older while sat in the passenger seat. My husband surprised me by not forgetting - he even had the card and gift card to hand (he's managed to forget Christmas before, so I keep my expectations low).
.
Translation of the day:
UK English: stroppy = irritable, ill-tempered, unreasonable, grumpy.
.
As in, 'Mum is likely to be stroppy today as she only had a couple of hours sleep, so maybe we should stay out of mischief'. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that my lovely children have had this conversation...

14 comments:

  1. What pretty projects ... I'm going to have to add stroppy to my vocabulary. ;-) Hope you get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about quilt shops - it's that way all over that area - Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Utah...they all have GREAT quilt shops. That's why we always make sure to stop by as many as possible on our two week road trip in September. My husband is just as good about remembering holidays. You're husband deserves a pat on the back for not only remembering, but producing a card and gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to do crochet in a car but, from past experiences, I know that I will be sick and that I will have to ask my husband to stop the car so I can...well you don't need that much details about my car-sick problem! Anyway, lovely projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you all get better soon and you can catch up on some sleep. Lack of sleep can make the best of us stroppy cows. Can you get in contact with me please? Because I have a need of your contact details. Head on over to my online home away from home to find out why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! And your rhubarb scarf is soooo cute. I am tempted to try one for myself! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're rockin' the crochet. I LOVE the cool pattern on the scarf. It's so hard to get things finished when you're a full-time wife and mommy, but keep pluggin' away. Happy belated birthday. Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. They're always appreciated! Don't forget to dig out those 5's, and keep me posted on your saving status!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday! The rhubarb scarf makes me drool it's so lovely! I might just have to dig out my crochet hooks. And bless you for increasing my vocabulary to describe my most common state of being!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday for the other day. Loving your rhubarb scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday! I won't ask how old;) I love all your projects there but you know I have a weakness for that scarf. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since I saw it on Alex's blog. You are doing a wonderful job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lil'd! You won our giveaway over at Sewing Sistas Blog! You can shoot me an email and let me know where I can send your craft goody bag at melissa AT sewingsistas DOT com. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday! Your vacation pics are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy birthday! :) And that scarf, oh my. It's beautiful.

    If it is any consolation, I don't crochet at all. So you are decades ahead of my projects already. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I *thought* I recognized that yarn. Alex has amazing taste, doesn't she? Your scarf is amazing! I was always jealous of her knitted version, but I never considered a crocheted version. Yours is beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh that scarf is very lovely indeed, i should have guessed alex would be involved somewhere along the line! that's the first time i've had a crochet urge in months and months.

    new here, found you via whipup, your little house is fabby too :)

    ReplyDelete