Flower pot three years later

Cutting stamps out of a potato - about 10 minutes by mum
Painting flowerpot using potato stamps - about half an hour total (not including drying time between colours) by 2 year old
Varnishing flowerpot - longer than 3 years, including the very important stage of being allowed to gather dust in a cupboard, while mum thinks, 'I'll really should get around to that one day'.
.
I finally pulled it out of the cupboard today and then couldn't find the varnish... Maybe next year.
That's probably saved a plant's life, though. So far I've killed all 3 plants that my son has brought home from preschool. I don't have a great track record with indoor plants...

5 comments:

  1. So cute! We don't have the best luck with houseplants either!

    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I have a craft cupboard full of unfinished children's work and don't even get me started on my pile...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pot is just too cute. I have a dead potted plant from Mother's Day still sitting in the kitchen that Henry made at school ... he wants to know why I killed it! Oh! The angst!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should just keep it inside as an obect d'art. Easier, no plants will risk their lives, and you don't have to worry about varnish!

    ReplyDelete