So very tired

Still no sleep: my daughter has been ill again. I remember when they were newborns, when I could hack this sort of sleep deprivation with ease. Forget energy drinks - they should bottle whatever hormone or natural chemical it is that gets produced when you've just had a baby...
.
In the interests of safety, I'm avoiding operating heavy machinery, by which I mean a not-very-heavy-at-all sewing machine. This is all I've got for you: a pincushion. I've heard them referred to as biscornu, presumably because of the weird shape.
It's actually a great shape: very, um, balanced? stable? steady? I can't think of the word I'm wanting. Anyway, the long way of saying it is it doesn't need weighing down and doesn't tip over.
Take care all. Will post more translations when I'm capable of conscious thought once more.

8 comments:

  1. I love the shape, color AND embroidery. Nice job! And on no sleep to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pincushions! I think the white one with red work is gorgeous and this one is my second favorite.

    What do you stuff them with? My mom used to always save our hair when we got it cut and used it for stuffing pincushions. I am thinking wool would be good, but maybe polyfill works as well?
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soo sorry your dgt is sick again. We had a terrible winter this year - we just could seem to stay well. It really wears you out. Love the pin cushion. Sending well wishes your way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool shape! The flowers are really sweet too. I hope you get some good rest soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You poor thing! If it's any consolation, the pincushion is lovely! Well done, especially, with little sleep! I hope you and your wee one are better soon....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet pincushion, especially on little sleep. My daughter is sick right now too, and man, it's been rough. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jan, polyfil is fine - it used to be recommended that you use natural materials, like wool and sawdust etc., as they help stop the pins from dulling, but these days pins are cheap and made from hardened steel, so it's not such an issue. Here's a link to some information on it:
    http://www.schmaltzycraftsy.com/2008/01/lets-talk-stuffing.html.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely pincushion, beautiful and unusual with the pretty and dainty embroidery.
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete