Done.

The doll quilt (http://uklassinus.blogspot.com/2008/02/corners-cars-dogs-and-dolls.html) is finished. My first attempt at a quilt is complete. This is a day that I thought would never come.
.
Ok, so this might be considered a little bit too much fanfare for a quilt that's probably only about 2 foot long, but I've been intimidated by the idea of quilting for a long time. It turns out that, if you use plain square patches, chicken out of fancy quilting and settle for just stitching in the ditch and make a quilt of such tiny wee proportions all for a little girl too young to notice any imperfections, well, then, just maybe, it isn't too hard after all...
I hope K likes it - she's getting the doll bed (from Ikea) and quilt for her birthday next week (photos sneakily taken behind closed doors on her bed as the little toad has pulled all her toys out all over the floor...)
.
Here's the back and binding:
Translation of the day:
UK English: bash on = to press on, to keep struggling in the face of adversity
US English: bashing on someone = picking on someone
.
The best part is, I get to avoid trying to find something for K in the pink glittery aisles of the store. So far she's like her mum and hasn't shown too much interest in that stuff. I hope that continues, as I think I might be allergic to the likes of Barbie...

12 comments:

  1. It's ADORABLE, and perfect in every way. She'll LOVE it! I just posted a whole bunch of quilt tuts on my blog. Check them out. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! Lovely job. Good luck staying away from Barbie .. she has a way of creaping into your life ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. That is a beautiful quilt and it is all so neat, I can't think why you were nervous as you are clearly a natural! I love your fabric choices too.
    www.mrmonkeysuit.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it - especially the doggie too. Also loving those bermudas in the last post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt! I love the red and white scheme. I really like that the binding is a polka dot print!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The doll quilt is gorgeous, love the little bed also. Your rhubarb scarf is just divine, the colours are so yum. Glad you commented on my macro photos, now I've found your blog, it's great. Thank you for your most kinds words, they are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That turned out so lovely! Yea for pretty unBarbie things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quilt is wonderful-- perfect fabric choices. I am a big fan of adding embroidered bits in a quilt, too. And am more than a little jealous at your sketching talent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is simply no such thing as too much fanfare over a finished quilt! Size absolutely is no matter. This is charming, as is the doll bed. Perfect gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think that quilt is so so beautiful! i'm sure she'll love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete