Be right back

Be right back.
Hopefully that wasn't what I said in my last post. I'm sorry to have neglected you, but I did have a great time with my visitors. Lots of late nights playing dopey games and chatting (unfortunately they were followed by early mornings for little ol' me, as my dear children like to get up before sunrise...). I'm not much of a tour guide, but we did manage to stop by a couple of tourist spots as well as beaches, boat rides, gardens and the like.
After the second set of visitors left, we then had to drag the kids off to Sacramento for two nights. I really liked what little I saw of Sacramento: much different atmosphere to the cities in the LA region.
A couple of firsts: we used a complete stranger as a babysitter AND I wore a dress for the first time since my wedding day. All so I could clap and look proud while my husband picked up an award.
Talking of my husband, I changed the name on the blog header (just in case you were wondering if you were in the right place) as he has been taking the Mickey out of the name "Lil' d" constantly ever since I told him about this wee blog.
.
Translation of the day:
UK English: to take the Mickey or take the Michael = to tease or ridicule in US English
The phrase originates from Cockney rhyming slang, but I'll just say that this is the version you can use in polite company and leave it at that...
.
Ok, I had better go and work on our tax return (yes, I know the deadline is fast approaching). Normal posting should resume shortly. Take care,

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your back. I've missed you:) I hope you and the kids are well and in the swing of things again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are back and survived your company! My DH also has razzed me about my blog name. Those husbands...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi it's Floss from NZ, thanks for the lovely comment you left. I hope you know I wasn't criticising because I love love love the pear pincushion and have been looking forward to making it for ages. It came together perfectly and now I'm going to make lots more. Just smaller LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're back to your blog. We've missed our UK-US language lessons! Yeah-machine quilting is scary, but I'm getting a little better. Hopefully you can join us on the next inspiration challenge. I love all the things you make! Take care, and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're back, I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lil D - The Sophia bag...hmmm challenging might be the best way to describe this purse. It is not a weekend project if you have kids ... lots of cutting and tons of pieces to 'fuse' together and then sew together. I am acutally considering ordering her weekender bag after I finish some other projects on the 'to-sew' list (including finishing the sophia!). So... I must not have scared me off too much - ha. Slow and steady is what you need to do. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you back and that you had a great time with your visitors. Congrats on you hubby's award.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's fun to play tour guide in SoCal--there's so much to see. I love the Queen Mary--old fashioned glamour.
    Congrats on awards, dress-wearing, and the new blog name.

    ReplyDelete