They think it's all over

The 30 day macro challenge (http://www.flickr.com/groups/macro_challenge/) has come to an end. That's probably a good thing, as I'm sure my neighbours were getting concerned about my crawling around the garden on all fours. They'd probably be even more concerned if they knew I was doing all that just to sneak a photo of a fly...
Here's a quick compilation of my pics, with a couple more added in just to make the mosaic nice and square. I used the mosaic maker this time, but it does trim all the photos down to a square, unfortunately. You should be able to click on these links to see the original photos, though:
1. Clover, 2. Birthday aftermath, 3. mmm,,, carrots, 4. A gift, 5. Shining light, 6. Household, 7. Apples, 8. Pencils, 9. Spool, 10. Crochet, 11. Fish, 12. Bloomin' Rose, 13. Drawing, 14. In the garden, 15. Letter from '38, 16. Power outage, 17. California Poppies, 18. Poppy, 19. Grass, 20. Tap, 21. Love spoons, 22. flower, 23. What happened to Spring?, 24. lily, 25. web, 26. shadow, 27. water drops, 28. fly, 29. another one?, 30. Flower, 31. J, 32. fly, 33. Flower, 34. Thinking about jumping, 35. Poppies, 36. Cars
.
I haven't been up to much this week in terms of making things, as J and my husband were ill. Usually I get a couple of evenings to myself a week, when my husband's at work and the kids are in bed. I did knock out a couple of invitations for the kids' joint birthday party, but that's as far as my efforts went, I'm afraid. I'm not planning on having a theme or fancy decorations. Just food and drink and space for the kids to run around. Here's a pic of the invites - I love these line drawings. They only take a few minutes to do.
I'll leave you with the Translation of the day:
UK English: Lurgy = a slang term for a minor illness, that is usually contagious but non-fatal (such as a common cold or influenza). It can also be used by children in a similar way to the American term 'cooties', as in, 'we don't want to play with them as they have the lurgy'.
.
My husband and son had the lurgy this week - you would never know that it was non-fatal, though, with the way my husband carries on when he's sick...
.
Take care all.

11 comments:

  1. Yes, I guess it's back to normal, now. I'm so used to carrying my camera with me everywhere to snap a macro! Thanks for participating in the challenge! I've enjoyed seeing everyone's photos just as much as taking my own pictures.

    The invitations are very nice! Did you do the line drawings? They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah the well-documented man-flu. It can be fatal I've heard...

    I love the line drawings - they're just great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better! I love the invitations - you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've enjoyed all your photos during the challenge...glad you were part of it. i'm cracking up about sneaking around in the garden with your camera...we bloggers are a weird bunch and so easy to spot! :)

    love the doll quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't tell you how much I love your line drawings! And those macro photos...wow.

    Oh, you do SO have something to brag about where you live! Look at your macros!! :)

    Hope you'll join my Where Do You Live Weekend meme tomorrow! Feel free to link to your macros. Everyone would find them inspiring, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos were excellent, I really enjoyed them and your drawings are really very special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've missed catching up with your blog as been away in florida for the past couple of weeks. Missed your translations! Well done on your dolls quilt, i'm almost too shy to start my quilting experience as yet. p.s thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos but it is invitations that are really making my day.
    Did you do the drawing yourself? It is wonderful. You are totally making the right choice for the birthday party. Small and simple. I got burned last time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the line drawings, wish I had that sort of talent!
    Here in OZ I often hear when someone's sick that they have "The dreaded lurgy", must be more severe perhaps????

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your comments on my blog in my spam folder - I have no idea why. Love your macros and can't believe you were able to catch a fly more than once! I tried but didn't have the patience.

    Those line drawings are lovely. And to think they only took you a few minutes - wow! I also adore the UK translations. We americans lead a sheltered life in some ways. It's another language to us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos! There's beauty everywhere, isn't there? You just have to get really, really close to appreciate it sometimes! :c)

    ReplyDelete