Faffing about

I'm probably going to be rather quiet for the next few weeks. I have friends and family visiting - the family arrive the day the friends leave - so I doubt that I'll have much time for blogging. Not that I have much to show you, anyway: I've been faffing about doing more spring cleaning. I should be wading through the mountain of receipts so that we can get on with filing our taxes (ugh, I don't like March).
.
I could show you the blanket I'm crocheting for my son, but I'll save that for a time when it is actually bigger than a scarf... (That might not be for some time yet...)
.
So today's word of the days is
UK English: faff v. = wasting time doing unnecessary things that aren't relevant to the task in hand. I don't know the American equivalent. Maybe Americans don't faff about...
.
PS. I have been tagged by a couple of people in recent weeks, but I'll wait 'til I come back from my blogging break to post them - I hope that's ok.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Dawn!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, and thanks for the kind words. I was thrilled about that mid-term. I got a 91 out of 100. Most people around me were in the 60 point range, so obviously I was jazzed to score so well. I REALLY studied though!

    Yes-the clocks change this weekend. I just saw on the news that they are changing 3 weeks earlier, and changing one week later then usual! We'll be "off" from the rest of the world by three weeks for now, according to the news report, until we all catch up to each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have fun visiting. In our house we say "dilly dally" or "fiddle faddling" when we are up to ... well, not up to what we should be up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. will miss you, but have fun with your friends and family. Hope they bring you out lots of British goodies... Marmite, Jaffa Cakes, Dairy Milk, Rich tea... *obsession with food excuse me*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm a definitely a faffer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I definitely faff! But my mom always called it "lollygagging" :D I'm totally using faff in a sentence tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We "piddle." Do the English piddle? I'm continually saying, "Oh, I just piddled all my computer time away reading blogs, " or, when someone calls and asks what I'm doing, "Just piddling."

    I love your translations, btw!

    ReplyDelete