It's summertime and the weather is hot

I'm just peeking my head around the door and saying a quick hello ~ we're off to England in a couple of days and I'm busy getting things ready. I can not wait! It's been far too long since my last visit home.

Here's a picture of one of the summer tops that I made for my daughter. I wanted to make several cheap and cheerful tops, as she has so many clothes currently living on top of the washing machine awaiting stain treatments (can anyone recommend a good laundry stain remover??). So here's my own plain and simple pattern:
The best part about it is that one can be knocked out in an evening and it uses up very little material (this one is made out of a quilting quarter). This is my practice version. It looks so crumpled, as my daughter had to do a lot of playing before she'd slow down enough for me to take a couple of pics (see blurry shot on the left...). The photos of the other version are sitting on a film waiting to be developed, sorry.
.
Talking of photos, yep, these were just taken on my ancient point and shoot. Looks like I won't be getting a new camera 'til after our trip. Darn..
.
Let me know if you want to know more details on how to make one of these - they really are a doddle (translation for the Americans: "Doddle - Something that is a doddle is a cinch, it's easy").

4 comments:

  1. Hey D,

    Its Jennifer (Jordan's mom)! I didn't know you can sew. I am so jealous...I wish I could. I was thinking about taking a class or something.

    Her top is cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this top! Wow! How is your trip going? Wanted to chat with you before you left...time slipped away. Stainremover...I use Shout Ultra gel. It hasn't let me down yet. Talk to you soon. Can't wait to here about your trip.

    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog! I'm working on a new one but for now am still at Blogger.
    I found you through the link at Sew,Mama,Sew!
    For stain remover I use OxyClean. Two scoops and soak in hot water overnight in washing machine set on lowest water level. Or you can try using a paste of dish detergent (the liquid you use in the sink, not the machine kind) and Chlorox II colorsafe powder. The paste is harsher (I feel) and I only use that on certain spots that just won't come out with the other.

    Oh, and line dry.
    Good luck, and here's wishing you a new camera soon.
    I'd love to see more of your crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I absolutly adore your Fabric dollhouse tutorial, and will be trying it for my daughter's birthday in summer, but I found this top you made and as I am a begginer, I wish I could try it out first. Could you give me some more details or directions? thank you so much. Regards from Spain

    ReplyDelete