Halloween

Sorry that I disappeared on you: I fell off my bicycle right onto my bum and I hurt my tailbone. No car, no camera and I'm shuffling around like an old lady... It's been a long summer.

Hopefully I can persuade my husband to take some rolls of film to get processed soon so that I can at least show you some pictures that I took with an old point and shoot camera of what I've been making.
.
In the meantime I'm starting to think about Halloween. I know, I know, it's a bit early, but I suddenly realised that I'll be in England for most of September and I won't have much time when I get back. Being far too cheap to buy the kids costumes for just that one night, I'm trying to think of ideas. The pics are of previous years' efforts - don't look too closely at the pics, especially the penguin (yes, that's what it was supposed to be) and the British policeman: those are from my pre-sewing machine days. Good job these things only had to last for one night...
.
.
.
.
.
These two are last year's effort: an army MP K-9 handler and his dog (he liked soldiers, she liked dogs). I cut up one of my husband's old army BDUs and managed to find some fuzzy material on clearance for less than a dollar a yard. Bargain. So now you have an idea of just how cheap I am...

Any ideas for this year? I'm trying to persuade my son that he does not want to be Darth Vadar. He helpfully suggested Yoda as an idea for his sister's costume. I don't think she'll like that.

1 comment:

  1. Greaser for him = jeans, white t-shirt and leather looking jacket

    50's girl for her = poodle shirt and blouse

    ------------------------------

    Doctor & Nurse?

    ------------------------------

    Pirates?

    ------------------------------

    Cowboy & Indian?

    -----------------------------

    Prince & Princess?

    -----------------------------

    Football player & Cheerleader?

    ReplyDelete