Still here

Were you starting to wonder whether this was going to be the shortest blog in history? I had some bad news: my ancient camera is eating up all of the films. It looks like you'll have to look at old pictures of things I've made 'til I get a new camera. This photo seemed appropriate as I am currently crocheting a baby blanket:

The photos are of my first crocheted blanket attempt, that I made a few months ago for my friend's baby girl (they didn't find out the sex, so I made it in mint green then waited 'til she was born to find out that it was going to be the pink scalloped edge). I don't know if it's just my monitor, but this green looks a lot darker than the blanket ever was.








The recipient of the one I'm making right now will be my brand new nephew in England. They've got floods and no water supply, but he's doing just fine. I might well be the slowest crocheter in the West, but I'm not visiting the UK 'til September, so I've got a few more weeks to go. I can't wait to visit home again.
-
I did wonder if any of you could recommend a good camera. I'm torn between getting
a) an okish digital camera for general use and buying an ancient film slr for the rest of the time
b) buying a digital slr and accepting that film is dying out
c) just getting a point and shoot digital camera with an ok zoom, good macro, etc. etc
Any input would be appreciated. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment